Role: Cofounder & Business Development Director
Where are you from & where do you currently reside? Raised in two countries, Venezuela and the United States, then spending the last 19 years in Costa Rica, Daniel Yepez, has managed to fully understand and embrace both the North, South, and Central American culture.
Personal transformation story: At the age of eight, Daniel started his entrepreneurial path washing cars with a local friend, Chris Bradley, and advanced to mowing laws in his early childhood. Daniel grew up between Venezuela and the United States, attending South Florida Military Academy, which encoded a strong sense of structure and discipline. At 16 years of age, Daniel made the decision to return to the United States on his own to continue his education. Living by himself and enrolling himself in school, he quickly become a young, responsible, and independent young man. After graduating from Florida State University, he grabbed the opportunity within the merging markets of Latin America to start what has been three decades of entrepreneurship and business startups in a variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, food and beverage, hospitality, and automotive to name a few. Because Daniel is passionate about transforming people’s lives, this path continued until today and expanded to consulting businesses, other entrepreneurs, students, governments and (his most rewarding consultations) friends.
After moving to Costa Rica, he has ventured in different business facets such as real estate and alternative renewable energy. His accolades include:
- Business Startups Entrepreneur & Marketer with International Business Management
- Speaker at Globe Foundation Conference http://costarica.globeseries.com/
- Speaker at Universidad Nacional of Costa Rica for the Entrepreneurship Program
- Main Speaker at Jatropha Harvest Experience international biofuel conference.
- Selected Top 25 Global Energy Entrepreneur by SHELL OIL – 2012
- Collaborated with Applied Research Associates - On Bio JetFuel for DOD/USAF
- Lectures at National University UNA on the Entrepreneurship Class Program and of the UNA Incubator Think Tank.
- Collaborator in the Creation/Foundation of PROMED; Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine http://www.promedcostarica.org/about/
- Expert in Energy Efficiency and exclusive manufacturer distributor in Central & South America for LED LIGHTING
- Government liaison for the Private Sector
- Producer of the first International Energy Efficiency Conference in Costa Rica - Sept. 30, 2016
- Waste To Energy Developer 2017
- Currently involved in Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency since 2016, mining cryptic currencies through Renewable Energy
For the majority of Daniel’s career, his business model has always been based on three factors: 1) Identify the problem, 2) Find the solution, 3) Monetize. Reflecting on his business ventures, he saw the struggles/Achilles heel for any business venture fell into the human resource area. His time within the Costa Rican communities and seeing the evolving society, he has come to realize the most important factors are: 1)Identify the team first, 2) then Choose the problem and finally 3) Monetize.
Daniel approaches life as a continuous stream of opportunities for growth and learning through human interactions and personal exploration. In his quest for sharing a positive, dynamic, and nuanced perspective, he co-founded Resonance.
Daniel closest friends refer to him as a joyful human. They would say he is a hardworking, determined to reach goals and has a great sense of humor and an amazing personality to go with it. A loyal best friend- he'll never give up on you, and he will be there for you through it all. He'll make you smile when you're upset and he'll always listen if you need to talk. He will teach you so much like loving others unconditionally and to always vibrate at the highest version of yourself.
Why be a part of this Resonance movement? Daniel is naturally a High Vibrating Spirit, so when he discovered depression through the hardship of divorce, he humbly took positive action focusing within. After defeating that depression, his journey began on the heart-opening path of plant medicine that has transformed his life. He now sees the world in which we live through a new lens. In doing so, he has discovered that our current society structure is damaged, and through a conscious, healthy lifestyle all roads lead to source. This paradigm shift or new way of thinking has guided his spirit into the most ambitious venture he now believes in, which is to facilitate others, irrespective of their walks in life, to fine-tune their hearts into the frequency that will guide us all to come together on a journey of self discovery, reach mindfulness in every action we create, and elevate each other.
Through the creation of his co-founders, he wishes to emit the beacon of harmony that will resonate with high vibration living.
What is the 5 year vision for Resonance? To create a space and develop the infrastructure where we can all co-live and co-create in an environment that is nourishing and supportive.
A space where people all over the world can come together in a beautiful environment allowing for expansion, creativity, transformation, lifestyle, unity, health, and balance.